Just to let you know, I’ve started work on a new series of videos for the Throughput Academy. The series is entitled ‘On time, in half the time – Why SDBR reduces lead times and improves due date performance’.
These videos will be pay-to-access and at the moment I envisage four parts:
- Part 1 – How SDBR dramatically reduces manufacturing lead times and improves due date performance.
- Part 2 – Laying the foundations for success with SDBR.
- Part 3 – How to create the necessary buy-in to implement SDBR.
- Part 4 – Capitalising on the SDBR competitive advantage.
Learning objectives for Part 1 are (at the moment):
- Understand the four key assumptions that underpin SDBR.
- Understand where SDBR shouldn’t be used.
- Understand the four key elements of SDBR:
- Choking the release of raw material.
- Buffer management.
- Dealing with a CCR.
- Ongoing improvement.
This is a significant undertaking to produce the necessary slideware and record the voice-overs at what is already quite a hectic time. But I’m serious about doing it so, if you’re interested, stay posted.
Have a great weekend,